Welcome Chef Hightower!
Following a thorough and extensive nationwide executive search, Bay Harbor Yacht Club is extremely excited to announce the appointment of Adam Hightower as our new Executive Chef. As Executive Chef, Chef Hightower will oversee all culinary operations, including opening the Club’s newly renovated dining venues and The Grille Room, BHYC’s newest casual dining experience, all slated to be completed Summer 2021.
Chef Hightower is an enterprising and versatile international Executive Chef credited with 19 years of experience including mentoring by, and collaboration with Distinguished Certified Master Chefs. He is highly accomplished in delivering pioneering culinary vision to a wide array of acclaimed venues in geographically distinct regions of the world from Hawaii to Hong Kong. Recognized as a leader in the industry for opening private clubs, restaurants, hotels, and casinos both regionally and internationally, Chef Hightower is lauded for the type of creative intuition and team management ingenuity that enhances productivity and fuels sustained institutional performance.
Among his many talents, Chef Hightower’s areas of expertise include nutritional expertise creative; culinary and mixology trends; concept design; and new property strategic and tactical planning.
- TOWNSEND HOTEL, Birmingham, Michigan, Executive Chef.
- GASTRONOMY, Detroit, Michigan, Executive Chef
- THE AMERICAN CLUB, Tai Tam, Hong Kong, Chef, Country Club.
- SOUTHERN HILLS COUNTRY CLUB, Tulsa, Oklahoma, Executive Sous Chef.
- IRIDESCENCE, MOTOR CITY CASINO AND HOTEL, Detroit, Michigan, Chef de Cuisine.
- BALI BY THE SEA, Honolulu, Hawaii, Executive Chef.
- HOUSTON COUNTRY CLUB, Houston, Texas – a la carte Chef.
- RITZ CARLTON, Naples Florida, Chef Tournant.
- Hosted Five Chaîne des Rôtisseurs dinners and apprenticed under several more.
- Bali by the Sea, AAA Four Diamond Award, 2005.
- Hale ‘Aina Awards, Honolulu Magazine Bali Nominated Restaurant of the Year, 2005.
- Apprentice in the Culinary Olympics for the National Team, 2000 in Germany.
- Twenty Sixth Annual Culinary Arts Salon, 2000 National Champ Gold Medal.
- Medalist in 35 individual and team ACF, and international competitions.
2021 is destined to be an exciting year at BHYC! The hiring of such an experienced and talented Executive Chef, reinforces the Board’s commitment to take the Club to the next level of perfection. Chef Hightower joins the BHYC team in late February.